Your Guide to Visiting During Alert Level 2
We are excited to announce that we are now open. As New Zealand will still be in Alert Level 2, you will notice a few changes during your shopping experience to help everyone continue to play it safe.
Centre Trading Hours
Tauranga Crossing will temporarily have different trading hours during Alert Level 2.
Shop 9am – 6pm daily
Eat 9am – 7pm daily
Please note that some stores trading hours may vary. If you are visiting a particular store, please check their store hours ahead of your visit.
Our trading hours will return to normal. We will update you here when they do.
We’re Playing it Safe
- Depending on what you need to do while you’re here, you may need to participate in contact tracing multiple times during your visit. It is important and we thank you for your patience during this process.
- During Alert Level 2 we will be monitoring the number of people in the centre to ensure there is sufficient space for physical distancing, although you won’t be able to see it taking place. We will monitor our people counting system and if required, we will alert you to let you know that we will be adopting a one-in, one-out system at our entrances.
- All stores will be monitoring the amount of people in their store to ensure that physical distancing can be achieved. Due to this, they may need to manage the number of customers entering the store. Please be patient while they adopt a one-in, one-out process during this time and queue parallel to the store to allow for a clear walkway for others.
- You’ll see lots of reminders around the centre to help you maintain a safe physical distance from others.
- What you can’t see is our team hard at work outside of trading hours, ensuring that the centre is thoroughly clean. Prior to reopening we have also conducted multiple antimicrobial sanitisation cleans, or ‘fogging’, of the centre.
- There are sanitation stations at each entrance.
Dining at The Garden Eateries
Please respect other peoples space and play it safe by using the queue spots on the ground when you order. They are spaced out to help you maintain a good physical distance from others.
If you are with a group, please find a table and then send one person to order.
Our tables have been reduced and spaced for physical distancing. If you require a larger table please alert us and we will help you.
Dining at The Observatory
Once you have chosen an eatery, please find a table and then wait for us to come and take your order.
Our tables have been reduced and spaced for physical distancing. If you need a larger table, please try to call ahead and let us know or alert us when you arrive, and we will assist you.
The Play Park will be closed
The Play Park will be closed for now so that we can help maintain physical distancing and a high level of hygiene. The garden will be open.
We have installed a safety screen to help keep a safe physical distance. Hearing you will be a little harder, so thanks in advance for your patience!
Equipment such as strollers and wheelchairs will be unavailable until further notice.
You can still purchase a gift card at the Information Desk, or order one online here.
Tauranga Crossing is a privately New Zealand owned shopping centre. On behalf of everyone that works here, thank you for your continued support.
GENERAL COVID-19 INFORMATION
At Tauranga Crossing, people are at the heart of everything that we do and we aim to provide everyone with a safe and enjoyable experience.
We want to assure you that the health and safety of our customers, employees and community is our highest priority and we have introduced extra measures to ensure that we are providing you a safe environment. You may have already noticed hand sanitiser, enhanced hygiene signage and our cleaners working extra hard throughout the centre using antimicrobial cleaning products.
We are closely following the guidelines that have been outlined by the Ministry of Health and we encourage you to do the same:
- Cough or sneeze into your elbow or by covering your mouth and nose with tissues.
- Put used tissues in the bin or a bag immediately.
- Wash your hands with soap and water often (for at least 20 seconds).
- Try to avoid close contact with people who are unwell.
- Don’t touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean.
- Avoid personal contact, such as kissing, sharing cups or food with people.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces and objects, such as doorknobs.
- Stay home if you feel unwell.
- Call Healthline on 0800 358 5453 if you have any symptoms and have travelled overseas or been in close contact with someone confirmed with COVID-19.
Please ask one of our security team for assistance if you or others feel unwell while visiting the centre, they are trained to help.
We appreciate your co-operation and thank you for your continued support during this time.