Your Guide to Visiting During Alert Level 2
Welcome back to you, our amazing community! As you will know, we are carrying out Alert Level 2 a little differently this time. All staff and customers will be required to wear face masks inside Tauranga Crossing. You may remove your face mask whilst eating or drinking.
You must continue to keep a 2 meter distance from other people with the exceptions of friends and family.
We have continued the extra hygiene measures that we had put in place earlier this year. This includes our sanitation stations at the Centre’s entrances, intermittent antimicrobial sanitisation ‘fogging’ of our centre and of course, our official NZ Covid-19 QR code is easy to spot around the Centre.
Centre Trading Hours
Our trading hours will remain the same:
- Shop 9am – 6pm daily
- Eat 9am – 7pm at The Garden Eateries food court, and from 11am – 8pm in The Observatory (Tauriko Pub Co. 11.30am until late)
You’ll find our Ministry of Health QR code:
- At each entrance to the mall
- At our Information Desk on the upper level of the mall
- Outside, on the wall beside Pak’nSave, The Millhouse, Spice Traders, Look Sharp, Farmers and Gilmours
- At bathrooms and parents’ rooms
Dining at Tauranga Crossing
- Our public seating and the seating in our restaurants and cafes is optimised for physical distancing, including in The Garden Eateries (our food court).
- Please respect other peoples space while you order and maintain a physical distance of at least 2 metres from others while you are queueing.
- If you are with a group, please find a table and then send one person to order.
- Lots of our foodies have take away options available which can be ordered online via their website.
The Play Park is closed
The Play Park is currently closed due to the difficulty around physical distancing. This decision was made with the safety of our customers in mind. We thank you for your understanding.
The Garden is open
The Garden is open! There’s a good chance you might encounter us cleaning while you visit this area as we continue to maintain a high standard of cleanliness. We thank you for your patience during this time.
Justice of the Peace Service
This free community service is not available during Alert Level 2.
Our Information Desk team will be wearing masks and will ask you to wait on the queue spots that are placed on the ground in front of the desk.
Equipment such as strollers and wheelchairs are available. As always, we will continue to sanitise each item before use.
The vaccination clinic is open 9am-6pm Thurs – Mon and walk-ins are welcomed. It will be closed Tuesday and Wednesday.
The clinic is facilitated by Pharmacy Care Group so if you need any additional information, please forward any enquiries direct to them.
Tauranga Crossing is a privately New Zealand owned shopping centre. On behalf of everyone that works here, thank you for your continued support.
GENERAL COVID-19 INFORMATION
At Tauranga Crossing, people are at the heart of everything that we do and we aim to provide everyone with a safe and enjoyable experience.
We want to assure you that the health and safety of our customers, employees and community is our highest priority and we have introduced extra measures to ensure that we are providing you a safe environment. You may have already noticed hand sanitiser, enhanced hygiene signage and our cleaners working extra hard throughout the centre using antimicrobial cleaning products.
We are closely following the guidelines that have been outlined by the Ministry of Health and we encourage you to do the same:
- Wear a mask.
- Cough or sneeze into your elbow or by covering your mouth and nose with tissues.
- Put used tissues in the bin or a bag immediately.
- Wash your hands with soap and water often (for at least 20 seconds).
- Try to avoid close contact with people who are unwell.
- Don’t touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean.
- Avoid personal contact, such as kissing, sharing cups or food with people.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces and objects, such as doorknobs.
- Stay home if you feel unwell.
- Call Healthline on 0800 358 5453 if you have any symptoms and have travelled overseas or been in close contact with someone confirmed with COVID-19.
Please ask one of our security team for assistance if you or others feel unwell while visiting the centre, they are trained to help.
We appreciate your co-operation and thank you for your continued support during this time.